Maintenance FAQ

How do I submit routine maintenance requests?

In compliance with the NC Residential Rental Agreement Act, all routine maintenance requests must be submitted in writing, on our form, to our office. Please note that it is not just our policy, but the law, to not take routine maintenance requests verbally. Requests can be submitted by one of the following manners:

What do I do in an emergency?

If your emergency is life threatening, immediately dial 911. For other emergencies, please consult the information you were provided in your move-in packet. You may also contact our office.

Q: Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?

Yes, in most cases (unless otherwise notified) you will need to 1) remain in contact with the vendor who is scheduled to work at your home and; 2) be present during this service call. Should you fail to show to meet the technician for the scheduled appointment then it is likely that you will be billed for a trip charge.

How quickly can I expect my request to be performed?

There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule. However, we typically contact you the same day we receive the request to assess the situation and determine the proper course of action. Our goal is to strive to resolve maintenance within 3-5 business days from the time the request was submitted.

Q: Can I perform the work myself and send you the bill?

No. Unauthorized repairs will not be reimbursed and is considered a violation of your Lease contract.

I do not like the way a repair was done, what should I do?

Please contact our office immediately so we may investigate the issue.

Q: Can I withhold my rent for items not being corrected to my satisfaction?

No. Under the NC Residential Rentals Agreement Act it is prohibited for a resident to withhold rent for failure to fix items submitted. Please contact our office to discuss your specific situation.

Q: Can I change the locks on my home?

Locks are changed immediately prior to each new resident moving in. Should you desire to change them during your tenancy, you must first receive written approval from our office. The work must be done by a licensed locksmith and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.

I lost my keys and am locked out of my home. What do I do?

Contact our office. Lockout service is available. Charges apply and vary depending upon the time of lockout. Payment is due immediately upon service.

Q: Can I paint my home a different color?

In most cases the answer is NO. However, if the owner agrees, then you will need to complete a Self Painting Request Form and submit it along with paint samples. Please note that due to EPA Regulations, all homes built prior to 1978 must be painted by certified RRP painters.

The Edwards Companies
6330 Falls of Neuse Rd, Suite 101-E
Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone & Fax: (844) 432 – 7368

The Edwards Companies
PO BOX 21076
Raleigh, NC 27619

Copyright © . The Edwards Companies. All Rights Reserved.
Property Management Website powered by | Site Map